Re: Synonym for Tree

Subject: Re: Synonym for Tree
From: Charlie Gaddy <charlie -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 18:27:04 -0400

Carene,

I don't think your question was off-topic at all; I think it relates
directly to software documentation.
The Windows Interface Guidelines for Software Design describes a tree
control in this way:

A tree view control is a special list box control that displays a set of
objects as an indented outline based on their logical hierarchical
relationship. The control includes buttons that allow the outline to be
expanded and collapsed.

For my money, the best synonym I can think of for a tree control is
"collapsible outline."

Charlie Gaddy