Re: info about web searchers

Subject: Re: info about web searchers
From: Denise Lystad <lystad -at- LYNDEN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 10:16:43 -0700

At 08:56 AM 7/6/98 +1000, you wrote:
>I'm looking for information about web search engines eg.
>lycos, yahoo, altavista etc. I want to know what exists and
>how each works; how the results a user gets differs according
>to which search engine is being used etc. etc. etc.

Margaret,

You could always try www.dogpile.com. It uses all the major search
engines simultaneously: lycos, yahoo, altavista, etc. It sorts
the matches by search engine, giving you the option of pursuing
the thread in one search engine or another, or all of them if you
prefer.

Denise Lystad
Lynden Incorporated
Seattle, WA