Re: Chunking

Subject: Re: Chunking
From: Rebecca Price <beccap -at- RUST -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 19:59:04 -0400

fwiw, I learned the concept of "chunking" when I was studying to be a
psychotherapist in the mid-70s. the whole point was to "chunk down" a problem
into manageable components, so it didn't seem so overwhelming. Then, you work
on solving each "chunk"

the other interesting thing I learned in those mis-begotten days was that the
solution to a problem is inherent in the statement of the problem. If there are
no viable solutions, try re-phrasing the problem.

both work a treat.

-becca

--
Becca Price
beccap -at- rust -dot- net

"Wisdom begins when you discover the difference between 'That doesn't make
sense' and "I don't understand.' "

Children of God, by Mary Doria Russell; pg 142-143