Re: FWD: Switching Job Query--what about files?

Subject: Re: FWD: Switching Job Query--what about files?
From: Denise Fritch <dfritch -at- INTELLICORP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 13:18:13 -0700

Hi Eric,

>I'm about to switch jobs. I was wondering what most people do with their
>old files. Do you take them with you? Do you throw them away? Do leave them
>with the person taking your position?
>
>When I say old files I am referring to paper copies of documents, notes,
>review copies, etc.

When I left my last job (Oct. 1997), I left behind a network subdirectory
containing 180 zipped files and one Word file. The zipped files contained
documents (paper, WinHelp, html help systems, PowerPoint presentations, and
graphics) of everything I had written in nearly four years at that company.
The Word file identified each of the zipped files and described the contents.

As far as I was concerned, those zipped files represented the company's
documentation department history and backup.

Best,

Denise L. Fritch
Sr. Tech Writer
IntelliCorp, Inc.