JOB POSTING: central CT

Subject: JOB POSTING: central CT
From: "Bayne, Sonia E." <bayneso -at- AMSWORLD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 16:22:03 -0400

This posting got bounced by the server, so I'm trying again. My
apologies in advance if it ends up on the list twice! Contact
information is at the end of this message (don't reply to me directly).
Please mention that you saw this ad on techwr-l.

Sonia Bayne
AMS Services, Inc.
bayneso -at- amsworld -dot- com
----------------------
Technical Writer with the Write Stuff
AMS Services, Inc., the industry leader in insurance agency automation
products, is seeking a staff technical writer to join our documentation
team at the head office in Windsor, CT. We are a young and growing
company that encourages growth and initiative in our employees.

Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for developing printed and online documentation
and help systems, and maintaining and enhancing existing documentation.
You will usually work as part of a project team whose goal is to deliver
quality products with quality documentation, in a timely manner.

Requirements:
* Ability to clearly and succinctly interpret and organize complex
information for non-technical audiences.
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with good
interviewing and data-gathering aptitude.
* Well-organized, and curious about technology.
* Excellent writing and editing skills.
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
* Ability to ensure that end products adhere to style guide and
industry standards.
* Insurance terminology and/or agency experience a plus.

Skills
* Word, FrameMaker, PageMaker, RoboHelp
* Knowledge of PDF, HTML and/or XML helpful
* Understanding of usability issues helpful
* At least 2 years' experience as a writer, preferably in the
insurance or software industry
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.

You'll enjoy flexible work hours in a suburban location, a casual dress
code, and an excellent benefits package.

Send a resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and non-returnable
writing samples (snailmail) to:
Susan Tobin, AMS Services Inc., 3 Waterside Crossing, Windsor, CT
06095-1548

You can also submit an electronic resume or PDF to Susan
(careers -at- amsworld -dot- com) or to doc manager Rusty Keighron
(keighrru -at- amsworld -dot- com).