Re: working with translators

Subject: Re: working with translators
From: glen dresser <glen_dresser -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 16:44:33 PDT

I've worked on a few projects that were translated from English into
French, and the French documents were rarely as successful. The most
literal translation is not always the one that captures tone and
audience best. And when you change the language, you're probably
changing the audience, too. A good translator should not merely
translate the document, but adjust the tone and voice for this new
audience. Make sure that your translator does this. Hope this helps...
I would also appreciate any suggestions anyone else has.

Glen Dresser

Mount Royal College