I need help with Functionality versus Function

Subject: I need help with Functionality versus Function
From: "Nurre, Vickie" <VNurre -at- AEGONUSA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 09:06:08 -0500

Help! The project manager I work with wants to use Functionality as a
noun - "The functionality to be delivered..." I think it should be "The
functions to be delivered..." My thought is functionality is an adverb,
not a noun. But I can't think of an example using functionality as an
adverb. Is this now considered a noun? Or what is it exactly, and what
is its correct use? Thanks in advance for your information. Vickie,
vnurre -at- aegonusa -dot- com