Opening Word 7 files in Word 97

Subject: Opening Word 7 files in Word 97
From: David Rapport <dave -at- NETMEDIA -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 16:39:14 +0300

We're having trouble opening Word 7 files in Word 97. Word 97 usually
crashes before the file even loads.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Any suggestions for solutions?

I should add that this only happens with files that are attached to our
template which is chock full of styles, macros and auto-text entries. Files
with the Normal template are not a problem.

TIA,

David

David Rapport
dave -at- netmedia -dot- net -dot- il