Re: Unix man pages to web

Subject: Re: Unix man pages to web
From: David Sewell <dsew -at- PACKRAT -dot- AML -dot- ARIZONA -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 16:12:00 GMT

In article <35A38FDA -dot- F21A393E -at- cellnet -dot- com>,
Alan Oehler <alan -dot- oehler -at- cellnet -dot- com> wrote:
>I want to take the files that the Unix man command uses to format man
>pages onscreen, and turn them into both Word or Frame documents and HTML
>documents.

To avoid reinventing the wheel, first look at the program "rman"
(formerly known as PolyglotMan), which accepts [nt]roff source for
man pages from most varieties of Unix and can output versions in
formats including ASCII, HTML, SGML, LaTeX, RTF, and TkMan.

Source can be found at:

ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/ucb/people/phelps/tcltk/rman.tar.Z

--
David Sewell * dsew -at- packrat -dot- aml -dot- arizona -dot- edu | "Night-walkers, wizards,
Dep't of Geosciences, University of Arizona | bacchanals, revellers,