Digital photo images in manuals.

Subject: Digital photo images in manuals.
From: Tom Herme <hermet -at- DNINEVADA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 12:40:43 -0700

Hello Fellow Techwhirlers,

I'm interested in finding out about any experiences any of you may have
with incorporating digital photo images in hardcopy manuals.

I have the ability to use a digital camera for presenting photo images
in our manuals. I have questions about quality of the output during the
development period and during the production period. I'm confused about
the output. Some here are saying the output is bitmapped; others say the
output is in a TIFF format.

I'm thinking I could begin to include a photo image of the product on
the manual cover. In addition, I could envision using photos as
graphical enhancements to particularly complicated procedures.

We use a DocuTech process print vendor (black and white), and I question
the quality of these images' output using that process.

Finally, I'm interested in discovering what software packages you use to
manipulate these images on your computer, as well as what level of
hardware you find to be meet minimal requirements for working with these
images.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom

--
Tom Herme

DNI Nevada Incorporated
2000 Arrowhead Drive
Carson City, NV 89706-0403

Tel: 702.883.3400, Ext 231
Fax: 702.883.9541

mailto://hermet -at- DNINevada -dot- com