Tutorials for Java and Javascript (Re: JavaScript and tech writers)

Subject: Tutorials for Java and Javascript (Re: JavaScript and tech writers)
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 16:43:57 EDT

In a message dated 98-07-21 16:20:48 EDT, bkane -at- ARTISOFT -dot- COM writes:

<< We have a new engineering dept. head who has said he'd like me to
learn JavaScript because we're going to be doing some Java-based
stuff >>
Since I sometimes receive the responses to questions before the questions
themselves, I believe someone's already pointed out the big hitch in this:

Java has almost nothing to do with Javascript.

Presuming it's actually Java you want to learn, there's a bunch of free
tutorials out there you can use. Most require you to download the JDK (from
Sun's site), but I believe one actually walks you through the examples on-
line. Here's one

http://cth.ccsl.com.np/java/index.html

This lists several others:
http://www.apcmag.com/news/252a_1d2.htm

This site gives you a complete index to Java terms:
http://www.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/Lectures/PP3/SDK-Docs/lang/index.htm

For Javascript:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/2554/index.html

This site actually has links to both Java AND Javascript tutorials, as well as
others (CGI, etc.):
http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutors.html

Also for both:
http://www.wwnet.net/~ahartman/javares.html
http://www.w3-tech.com/crash/

Etc. Any search on 'java' or 'javascript' and 'tutorial' in metafind will
show you tons of others.

Jim Chevallier
North Hollywood
== TW page - http://members.aol.com/jimcheval/twone.htm