Re: JavaScript and tech writers

Subject: Re: JavaScript and tech writers
From: "Michele Cottingham (BCS)" <cottingh -at- GROUCHO -dot- BSN -dot- USF -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:49:04 -0400

Beth

Javascript is the coding that runs the small programs such as animation or
databases in your web page. For example, if you have a simple catalog that
you want to put on the web, you would put it in javascript, because it
allows your customers to order certain items from your web page. This is
only a brief description, and not in its entirety.

Robohtml, a web project html writer, gives you the methods to put the
parts together, but you still need to understand what code must be there.
This is true for Front Page as well.(in my opinion!)

I am learning javascript myself. If you want, you can purchase the
complete idiot's guide to Javascript. It tells you how to write code even
if you have no experience in it. It is very easy to learn with this book.

Hope this helps.

Michele

Michele Cottingham
Technical Writer/Graphic Artist
email:cottingh -at- groucho -dot- bsn -dot- usf -dot- edu
url:http://www.bsn.usf.edu/~cottingh

Follow the Golden Rule
Treat each other's email as you would like yours to be treated.