UNIX HTML help search/find technology

Subject: UNIX HTML help search/find technology
From: Brenda Stewart <brenda -at- MCCABE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:56:19 -0400

I've seen quite a few posts about HTML search/find functions, and
thought this information may help.

Answerworks may be able to develop a tool that will work on the UNIX
platform. We use if for our Windows help and found that because it uses
a natural language interface, it gives better search results than other
find functions.

We are talking with them about a similar solution for our UNIX HTML
help. If you are interested in this type of tool, contact Randy Morris
at Lernout and Hauspie. His email is rmorris -at- lhs -dot- com. He is
responsible for the NLI technology within Answerworks and is interested
in hearing from potential customers so that he can build a business
case.