Re: A direct attack on TW?

Subject: Re: A direct attack on TW?
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- CYBERPASS -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 15:48:18 -0700

>A recent ad run by one of our competitors directly attacked our
product
>because of the existence of a user manual, essentially implying that
>since we supply a manual for out product, then our product must be
>terribly complicated.

I wonder how the pilots who can't deal with a 50-page software manual
manage to learn to fly the plane. Of course, if we're talking about
weather-guessers, that's another matter. :-)

But it doesn't take a weatherman to know which way the wind is
blowing.
People really do want products that are so simple to operate, or so
familiar (cars, phones, paper clips, etc) that reading manuals is not
prerequisite. ...RM

Richard Mateosian <srm -at- cyberpass -dot- net> www.cyberpass.net/~srm/
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Berkeley, CA

© Copyright 1998. All rights reserved.