Re: always look for a new job?

Subject: Re: always look for a new job?
From: "Brian, Flaherty" <bflaher -at- INDCON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:29:35 -0400

Here in the US, the job situation has changed over the past 15 to 20
years. The days of working for big companies from "cradle to grave" are
over. Since the oil crisises of the 70s and 80s, and the constant
downsizing trend; the trend has been for all peoples employed in this
country to keep a "pulse on the market."

I always advise to keep your resume up-to-date, and to be ready for the
right opportunity inside or outside the company. In the US, there is no
such thing any more as job security -- those days are over (unless you
work for the UAW or the United Steelworkers Union). I don't know how it
is in the rest of the world, but the US job market has become a
"mercenery" one.

Brian Flaherty
ICS, Paramus, NJ (USA)