Re: Just wondering if you respond to e-mail when there is no subj ect?

Subject: Re: Just wondering if you respond to e-mail when there is no subj ect?
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 08:35:27 -0700

Lin Laurie asked:

> I know I don't usually open it. What does everyone else do?

If the email does not have a subject, I almost always blow it away.

Almost always, I say, because I look at the "From" listing first, and blow
away any messages from authors that I "never" agree with.

I then quickly blow away any messages with subjects that I have no knowledge
on, or don't care about.

That is why I think it is so silly when some numbskull cries that "they have
too much work to do and that the volume of mail is bothering them."

Poor baby...

On a side note, I also only skim emails and memos that I am copied on. I
assume that if I am only "cc'd" or "copy to'ed" that the message is
reference or superfluous. I don't know how many times someone said to me
"you did not respond to my memo or email".

My reply is that if the correspondence was directed at me, why was I only
copied on it?

That's my buck-three-eighty.

Regards,

Barry Kieffer