Re: retroactive pay

Subject: Re: retroactive pay
From: Dianne Walsh <Dianne -dot- Walsh -at- MEDECISION -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:58:51 -0400

Melissa wrote:
> Does anybody know the laws on retroactive pay where raises are
> concerned?
>
> I received a promotion about 2 months ago and just received my raise
> on
> Friday, the 24th of July.
>
> Do they or do they not have to pay me at the higher salary for the 2
> months I've been doing my new job without the new money??? In case
> location matters, I live in NC.

I have no idea if there are laws governing this situation, but
if your company is honest and interested in keeping its employees happy,
it will pay you retroactively. It is policy at my company to do exactly
that; for example, I was due for my performance review and annual raise
earlier this month. Because of my boss's scheduling conflicts, travel,
etc., my review won't take place until later this week. I will, however,
be paid retroactively to the actual anniversary date.

Dianne Walsh
Documentation Manager
MEDecision Inc.
Winners, APEX 98 Grand Award