TWs and web-based resumes

Subject: TWs and web-based resumes
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 13:22:07 -0500

A colleague and I were discussing putting our resumes on a web site
(either our own or submitting them to some commercial resume/job seeker
sites). Our questions are:

* Have you had better luck with putting them on your own site or on
someone else's site? If you post it on your own site, do you use it as a
link to your home page or do you have a separate (non-linked) site for
your resume?

* When you put it "out there" do you format it nicely, do you post it as
a pdf file, or do you use a straight text/ASCII format? If you do the
latter, do you make a formatted copy available for downloading?

* If you post it on a site other than your own, which sites have used
with the best results? What's realistic in terms of time for response
and number of responses?

* Do you post your home phone and address? Has this proven to be a
security issue?

I suppose that in general we're trying to figure out if putting our
resume on a website is a good idea or if there are better ways to spend
our time. Please respond to me directly and I will be happy to summarize
for the list.

Thanks,

Jane Bergen