Graphics in PDF

Subject: Graphics in PDF
From: Tom Campbell <tcampbell -at- WEATHER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:20:53 -0400

Connie,
I really went through the mill with this problem in a previous assignment.

Key contributors to the problem were the combination of:
- upgrading to Acrobat Reader 3.01
- using PDFWriter (Word macro) instead of Acrobat Distiller to create PDFs
- downsampling settings (non-configurable via PDFWriter)
- PDL printer (not PostScript)

If you can supply the following, I might be able to help further:
1. Your version of Adobe Acrobat Exchange & Distiller
2. Your version of Acrobat Reader
3. Type of printer (PDL, PostScript, etc.)
4. If you're using Acrobat Distiller, the job options you're using (Distiller menu)

Tom Campbell