Re: The Tools Tech Writers Use

Subject: Re: The Tools Tech Writers Use
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 02:15:58 +0200

Adrienne,

to me, it is quite obvious why suboptimal tools are used. The decision is
not made by the people who actually work with the tools, but by
beancounters or similar...

The reasoning is that MessyWord is bundled with the computer, whereas for
Frame, a few Dollars must be spent. Of course, the time wasted working with
MessyWord (compared to the time needed with appropriate tools) would
justify those tools within a very short time.

OK, you asked. My tool of choice is Framemaker. And I use it even if I have
to export my documents as MSWord file...

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap ...

... with Acrobat Forms ... now for belt drive designers at

http://www.prodok.ch/prodok/riemen.html