Knopf Tip of the Month: But wait ... table cell borders ARE supported!

Subject: Knopf Tip of the Month: But wait ... table cell borders ARE supported!
From: David Knopf <david -at- KNOPF -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 13:27:35 -0700

Last month, we posted our first help authoring "Tip of the Month." It
described how to avoid the terrible problems with auto-numbering in Word 97.
With more than 1,500 downloads so far, we've concluded that the first
month's tip was a success. So we'll be posting a new tip each month.

This Month's Tip:

For years, the Microsoft Help Compiler (the one for WinHelp) has been
telling help authors that we can't use borders or shading or merged cells in
the tables we create in our help topics. But this is actually not true.
There is a way. And I don't mean creating tables as bitmapped graphics,
either. I'm talking about *editable* tables with borders and shading.

If you want to know more, just drop by the new "Tip of the Month" page on
our Web site. You'll find us at http://www.knopf.com.

Cheers ...

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415-820-2356
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

Writing * WinHelp * Web Sites * Training * Consulting
RoboHELP Certified Trainer * RoboHELP Certified Consultant

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=