My story- Fluke !!!!!!!!

Subject: My story- Fluke !!!!!!!!
From: Aileen Nelson <AileenN -at- ITGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 17:58:15 -0400

I think I saw someone else say that he'd been in tech writing for 2-3
weeks. That's my story too.

I got my Bachelor of Science about 4 years ago. Took a year off off.
Decided that doing contract work 6 months of the year was not for me.
Went back to school for a Post Graduate Human Resources course.
Finished that. Got a job as an Administrative Assistant. The place was
insanely busy. About 2 weeks into it, some documentation needed updating
and no one else had the WORD skills. The original was in WordPerfect
5.1 and it had to be converted. ARGH. But I got throught that. Then 3
months after I started, I took on HR in more full time capacity: mostly
doing recruiting of IT professionals. I stayed in HR for 18 months or
so all the while being the "WORD" expert in the company and therefore
getting the task of lots of conversions (ARGH). Then offered to help out
testing for a critical project. DId that, HR and Admin for the office
for 6 months. Then after working for 4 weeks straight (weekends and
evenings), I resigned to take this position. Technical Writer and
Tester. Been here a month. Had a few run ins with Help Breeze.

But I have a whole lot to learn about these two areas and am hoping that
I can decide which one to specialize in. Right now haven't decided yet.
They both have interesting facets. I am in the process of preparing a
"process improvement" document for both testing and writing. That should
prove interesting.

Anyways. There is a newbie's story.

A.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=