Re: FW: SONATA = Situation ON Allocating Time for Additionalities

Subject: Re: FW: SONATA = Situation ON Allocating Time for Additionalities
From: "Julie F. Sullivan" <jhesselgesser -at- OXMOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:04:04 -0400

I had a similar situation and did not inform my employer about the contract.
I worked evenings and Saturdays for several months at the contract position.
It did not interfere with my responsibilities, but was very tiring. I was
working part-time (35 hours a week) as a prior arrangement. I did not feel
it was any of my employer's business what I was doing with my free time. If
you wanted to write a book in your spare time would you feel *obligated* to
tell your employer? And would your employer own the rights to your book if
you had signed a paper that said such? I don't think so. But I tend not to
worry about legalities!

On the other hand, I did find it necessary to correspond with my contract
employer via email and on the phone from time to time from my office. If
this would be a problem, due to lack of privacy, then you should tell your
employer.

Julie Sullivan

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=