Moonlighting by definition is at Night

Subject: Moonlighting by definition is at Night
From: Michael Johnson <michaelj -at- OECMED -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 13:47:01 -0600

Most places I have worked allow supplementary employment if it doesn't interfere with your job or constitute a conflict of interest. I've had to write a book or two in the evenings just to make ends meet.

It's probably a good idea to check written company policies before taking on outside work, and try not to pay too much attention to what others around you do or say. It's the written company policies they'll turn to if there's a problem.

A few months back while working for a different employer I had a supervisor who got to work late, took an hour and half for lunch, and left early-every day. And in between afternoon naps he managed to write a book on fishing.

Sometimes the first myth of management is that it exists.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000