Re: Website readability--blue text?

Subject: Re: Website readability--blue text?
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:26:04 -0400

> From: Sella Rush [mailto:sellar -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM]
> I *think* it has to do with the rods and cones in the eye and where
they're
> placed. The rods, which detect blue(?), tend to be distributed
peripherally
> and are less concentrated in the center of the retina, so
> that blue is more difficult to perceive directly. (Note: this is one the
red/green/blue
> scale.) So colors with a high blue value and low red/green values are
less
> effective for large blocks of text.

Besides all the complicated technical aspects of vision, there are
conventions and habits. For those of us who use the web frequently, blue
text that doesn't do anything when you click it is broken. As is any
underlined text that doesn't do anything.

Try handing a web designer a paper document with some blue, underlined text
on it and see if they poke it with a finger. :-)

---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:
nax -at- execpc -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=