Re: Keyboarding through the Internet

Subject: Re: Keyboarding through the Internet
From: Scott Browne <sbrowne -at- UNICOMP -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:32:56 -0600

Lisa Comeau wrote:

<snip>
> Thanks for the responses... you all mentioned tabbing through the
> hyperlinks and pressing ENTER as a means of getting there.
>
> Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I'm using both IE3 (not 4, thank g*d)
> and Netscape, and I *can't* tab through hyperlinks. They don't
> highlight.

Lisa,

I can't find any settings in IE3, IE4, Netscape 2.x, 3.x, or 4.x that
will turn on or off this feature. I think it's built-in.

When you tab to a hyperlink, the link doesn't really "highlight", as
such. It does get a little dotted-line box around it signifying that it
has focus. But depending on your system colours, that might not be easy
to see on some Web pages. Look closely and see if you can see
*anything* when you're tabbing through hyperlinks. Or, tab a few times
and hit Enter just to see if it takes you somewhere even if you can't
see which hyperlink has focus.

If that doesn't work, the only other thing I can think of is perhaps
there is something screwy with the installation on your particular
machine. Try using someone else's machine and Web browser. See if it
works there.

Good luck,

Scott
sbrowne -at- unicomp -dot- net
"Writing is like Prostitution. First you do it for
the love of it, then you do it for a few friends,
and finally, you do it for the money." -Moliere

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=