Re: Challenging and oppressive SME situation

Subject: Re: Challenging and oppressive SME situation
From: "McDonald, Nancy -The Registry (LCI)" <Nancy -dot- McDonald -at- QWEST -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 15:30:47 -0400

I have an idea along the lines of rehearsal for dialogue, also. You could
write a journal entry in the form of a dialogue.... ala the "Intensive
Journaling Workshop" method, via Dr. Ira Progoff. Either write a dialogue
with the person, or else, write a dialogue with the situation, after you've
set up some "steppingstones" (milestone events for the situation, or
person)... Think of the situation as a first person... since it tends to
have a life of its own. Then read the 'steppingstones', and get yourself
open to the idea, and start the dialogue with a line:
"Dear [situation].. I read your life, and ..." and let the person &/or
situation speak. It works when you get your mind in that kind of state.
HTH...

Nancy McDonald
Sr. Technical Writer, Consulting Services Manager
The Renaissance Worldwide, Inc. (http://www.rens.com)
Columbus, OH, US
<snip>

> At 10:39 PM 8/20/98 -0400, Margaret L. FalerSweany wrote:
> >1. Before you meet with the DemonSME, your boss, or a group of them,
> have a
> >practice meeting in your head. Practice what you'll say to start the
> >meeting, how you want to present your points, etc. Also, play at
> >anticipating what s/he will do/say and how you'll respond.
>
> Wonderful idea, but I'd do one better - get somebody to role-play it out
> with you. You be the DemonSME, have your acquaintance be you. Then switch.

<<application/ms-tnef>>