Re: Acrobat question

Subject: Re: Acrobat question
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:44:45 +0200

Sella,

the easiest would be using the Article feature, and using the print version
of the document. The article is a series document blocks (created either
manually (can be tedious, but gives maximum control), or programmatically,
for example in Framemaker) which are connected. When the user views them,
it is enlarged to the screen width. With simple clicks, the user can scroll
up and down a screenfull.

Another possibility would be using forms. Have two base PDF files with
multiline text fields into which the the text is loaded. Main drawback
here: limited choice of fonts, and no graphics etc. at all.

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap ...

... with Acrobat Forms ... now for belt drive designers at

http://www.prodok.ch/prodok/riemen.html

_____________

>I haven't kept up with Acrobat lately, so I'd like to pass this query to the
>list.
>
>A colleague wants to know if the following is possible: To create a pdf
>file that allows the user to change the viewing format.
>
>Explanation: He wants a pdf file that is formated for viewing on-screen
>(without having to scroll up-down, left-right), but he also wants to be able
>to print out that same file in a standard page format. Get the point?
>
>I told him it would be a fairly simple matter to just generate two separate
>pdf files from the same content, but no--he wants a single file to do it
>all. (He is looking to improve on a process that uses two separate files.)
>
>Also--we're tentatively looking for some Acrobat training. Any trainers in
>the Seattle area?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Sella Rush

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=