Re: formal training for new writer

Subject: Re: formal training for new writer
From: John Solomon <conference -at- SOL-SEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 17:30:25 +0000

SOLUTIONS plans to present a week-long
Technical Writing Clinic in February, 1999.
It will be in either Denver, Colorado or Phoenix,
Arizona. We'll post updated information on
as details unfold.

SOLUTIONS clinic web page:
http://www.sol-sems.com/clinics/clinics.htm

John Solomon

SOLUTIONS, Inc.
solutions -at- sol-sems -dot- com
800-448-4230 or 781-942-1610
781-942-1616, fax
http://www.sol-sems.com

> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 15:21:19 -0500
> From: Julie Deutz <jdeutz -at- GPS -dot- COM>
> Subject: formal training for new writer

> Hello all:
>
> I've just been "given" a new writer who was formerly a member of the
> software support team. She has a lot of software and business experience but
> little in the way of formal writing training or experience.
>
> Does anyone know of an intensive (meaning one to two-week) course that goes
> through the "nuts and bolts" for an experienced professional who is new to
> the world of technical writing? Location isn't an issue.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> Julie Deutz
> Internet information development
> Great Plains Software