Re: GUI standards book?

Subject: Re: GUI standards book?
From: Denise Fritch <dfritch -at- INTELLICORP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 08:45:43 -0700

Morning Eric,

>I work for a
>software company, and we need to get our GUI standards in order. We've
>decided we need to have a starting point - a GUI standards book of some
>sort - which we will refer to before we make up our own standards.
>Something like the Microsoft Manual of Style, but focused on the GUI.

Have you checked Microsoft's Windows Interface for Software Design? Online,
the location is

http://www.microsoft.com/win32dev/uiguide/default.htm

If this is what you are seeking, then check for the book. The title,
available even from Amazon.com, is

The Windows Interface Guidelines for Software Design :
An Application Design Guide

Best,

Denise L. Fritch
Sr. Tech Writer