html-help question

Subject: html-help question
From: Jeroen Hendrix <jhe -at- POLYDOC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 17:24:12 +0200

Hi all, good to be back,

I have this question concerning html-help. We want to deliver this with our
system, where the actual help contents is partly provided by us (the
generic part), and partly filled in by the costumers themselves
(organizational specific part). We see two possibilities, either, the
costumers send their contents to us, we then include this in the help file.
This means more work for us and possible loss of data. Or they could add
their data at their place; with the danger of inconsistency etc.
The questions we have are:

A. Has anybody else done something alike? How did you proceede?
B. What Help Authoring Tool or compiler would you recommend for this job?
C. How do you manage version control - maintenace of the help files.

TIA

Jeroen Hendrix
Polydoc
Mail to: jhe -at- polydoc -dot- com