Re: Need Professional Advice

Subject: Re: Need Professional Advice
From: John Nesbit <janesbit -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:45:10 PDT

I would suggest that instead of looking for a reason to leave, that you
find a
reason to stick around, at least for the minimum amount of acceptable
time.
...don't have to be a programmer to write stuff for programmers, right?
(take it
from one who knows). It's knowing HOW to learn that is the hard part.

I think John has some sound advice here--it's a matter of getting out
of the comfort zone and stretching a little farther than you thought you
could.
I can relate to what you're talking about--even though I was familiar
with MS-DOS, Windows 95, had made a number of web pages, was an expert
at using the Internet for teaching purposes, I did NOT know all the
stuff my company's had me writing about either. BUT I do know how to
find out information and know how to write, so I'm doing OK--amazingly I
now have other writers and graphics people asking me advice on computer
concepts and terms I didn't have the foggiest notions of a few weeks
ago...
You'll survive and eventually feel comfortable in the mainframe world,
and will look back on these days as one of your better victories.

John Nesbit

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=