FW: Job Posting - LA

Subject: FW: Job Posting - LA
From: Susan Sackett-Wilk <SusanS -at- MICROGRAFX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 12:58:25 -0500

Cross-posted to Framers list, WINHLP-L, TECHWR-L, and techcomm.

> Information Developer I - Manhattan Beach office

This is a permanent technical writing position. This position will be
responsible for documenting our Simply3D product.

> Requirements:
* Able to communicate complex concepts clearly.
* Able to follow publication standards.
* Experience writing material to be localized.
* Experience designing any of the following online information systems
(Windows Help, HTML, VB wizards) and ability to execute an information
design as well.
* Experience using FrameMaker to develop user's guides, including use
with imported graphics, generated index, and table of contents.
* Experience developing sophisticated Windows 95 help systems.
* Experience documenting commercial or enterprise software.
* Strong communication skills about spatial orientation.
* Self-starter.
> * Able to communicate clearly and concisely using both words and
graphics.
> * Solid knowledge of principles of learning.
> * Familiar with the importance of chunking information within
information systems of all kinds.
> * Able to communicate with and work well with developers and writers.
>

> Knowledge and experience that would be "a plus"
> * Thorough understanding of 3D concepts.
> * Experience using FrameMaker's conditional text feature to
single-source a printed document and a help system.
> * Experience designing and implementing web pages using FrontPage or
an equivalent tool.
> * Experience converting manuals to PDF format.
>
> Please email resumes to: susans -at- micrografx -dot- com
>
> Or mail them to:
>
> Susan Sackett-Wilk
> Micrografx
> 1303 E. Arapaho Rd