FWD: Advice on contract vs. captive

Subject: FWD: Advice on contract vs. captive
From: Catherine Saxby <CatherineS -at- NTI -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 13:30:18 -0600

I can't offer any advice about going from captive to contract, but I
have just "celebrated" my 3 month anniversary of going from contract to
captive. The mindset shift has been huge and has not been accomplished
with style and grace. In fact, the jury is still out.

However, I will mention a book that has been touted as a good reference
when investigating contract companies and their mindset: Making Money in
Technical Writing by Peter Kent.

I hope your transition is easier that the reverse has been for me.

Catherine Saxby

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=