Re: FW: The 4-month itch [WAS: Coping strategies]

Subject: Re: FW: The 4-month itch [WAS: Coping strategies]
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 05:40:37 -0600

Stephen (aka Just Counting my Blessings (name witheld by request)),
Please make sure that you don't send your vcard to the
list in the future--on ANY postings.

Eric

At 04:03 PM 9/4/98 -0500, Stephen Gillespie wrote:
>--------------8C6291FAAB86ACFBA11C3BF2
>
>Dennis, I appreciate your observation (esp since I'm in your situation,
>too, personally & professionally), but I recall a very good anecdote in
>one of the STC journals some years ago that recounted the woes of a
>communicator/writer who bemoaned not being able to find a(nother) job,
>after being laid off from his/her 20+-yr employer.
>
>The problem was, of course, that this person had not "grown"
>professionally in those 20 years -- had not pursued professional
>development activities or educational opportunities, such as coursework,
>STC meetings and conferences, etc...the bottom line was, the person
>didn't have 20 years' experience, but rather 1 year experience, 20
>times!
>
>I still believe this to be true, since I'm at 3rd employer in less than
>10 years (where first two had major layoffs/cuts the year following...).
>
>signed,
>Just Counting my Blessings
>(name witheld by request)
>--------------8C6291FAAB86ACFBA11C3BF2
>
>begin: vcard
>fn: STEPHEN GILLESPIE
>n: GILLESPIE;STEPHEN
>email;internet: sgillespie -at- gocal -dot- corp -dot- fedex -dot- com
>x-mozilla-cpt: ;0
>x-mozilla-html: FALSE
>end: vcard
>

>--------------8C6291FAAB86ACFBA11C3BF2--
>
>From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

* Eric J. Ray, ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com, http://www.raycomm.com/
* _HTML 4 for Dummies Quick Reference_, and others.
* See our overhauled Web site at http://www.raycomm.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=