Managers Who Intimidate Causing Grief

Subject: Managers Who Intimidate Causing Grief
From: "Cecilia St.John" <tecwright -at- NETSCAPE -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 00:16:58 EDT

I work in a company where management of the technical writers is unbelievably
bad and the communication styles of management are providing for a stressful
workplace for nearly all writers. Promises are not kept, intimidation rather
than enabling seems to be management's goal, and morale is bad. The
environment is termed "unhealthy" by one observer of the climate there.

Question: How does one respond to an intimidator without using the same

I've managed to keep my head about me, but it seems management's problem is
spreading to other people in the department -- people I wouldn't have expected
it from.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Cecilia St. John

More than just email--Get your FREE Netscape WebMail account today at

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000