Re: Acronyms and Front Matter Question

Subject: Re: Acronyms and Front Matter Question
From: Katav <katav -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 04:46:07 -0700

---Mike Ingram <MIngram -at- SCIENTECH -dot- COM> wrote:

> How are acronyms treated in front matter? In this specific document,
I have
> a Preface, a Philosophy (I know this is an unusual item, but the
technical
> manager wants it), and an Executive Summary, in that order. If the
same
> acronyms occur in each, are they spelled out the first time they are
used

> Mike

=============================

My practice: spell it out on first appearance in each independent
section (typically chapter). In your specific case, I would -- hate
it, but -- /assume/ each section may/might/could have a different
audience; therefore, I'd would spell it out in **each** section.

'Course, if the 'acronymed' words only appear two or three times in a
/section/ (ibid.), it probably is just as well to spell it out each
time.

==
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
''Despise not any person and do not deem anything unworthy
of consideration, for there is no person without his hour,
and no thing without its place'' {Ben Azzai [Avot 4:2]}

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=