Re: Bitmap to .wmf conversion

Subject: Re: Bitmap to .wmf conversion
From: Steve Riley <SRILEY -at- BCT-SYSTEMS -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 16:28:19 +0100

> Ummm. Why? I've been thinking about it, and cannot
> figure out where you're going with this.

Eric, Tim et al,

Well yes and no. I realise that interpretation
is needed to go from bitmap to vector, and yes
its awkward and I'd rather not bother.

A bit more background:
I'm providing files for a 3rd party
application that scans and stores invoices,
statements, etc. I provide a mask of the
stationery and the application stores just
the data (items, description, cost, etc.) and
its position.

The mask must be in wmf format. The starting
point is a piece of stationery for each
document type. Telling them to use a scan is
not an option I'm afraid.

I looked at a few methods of doing the kludge,
including Save As within PaintShop Pro and
you're right, I'm not thrilled with the
results. I think I would need a conversion
rather than a wmf wrapper, and it would have
to be a pretty damn good "best-guess". It
sounds like this is too much to hope for.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions. Whilst
I haven't exhausted the possibilities, I still
think I'm going to end up recreating each
document type to get good enough quality.

Steve

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=