FrameMaker Index

Subject: FrameMaker Index
From: Robin Whitmore <r -dot- whitmore -at- INTERSHOP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 11:45:45 -0700

Hello all,

I searched the archives and did not find an answer to the following:

I am trying to format a generated index in FrameMaker. The text part of
entries are formatted as specified for the style, but the page number seems
to be taking on a format of its own. In the Paragraph Designer it shows the
entries using the correct style. The Character Designer does not register
any style, so when I select Default Paragraph style and click apply, it
becomes correctly formatted. (Why won't it format to the default paragraph
format automatically)?

As a work around, on the reference page, I did the following:
Level2IX <Level2 PN><$pagenum>
Level1IX <Level1PN><$pagenum>

Level2IX and Level1IX are both paragraph styles. I tried creating a
character style that mirrors the paragraph style as the Frame user guide
instructed (Level2 PN and Level1PN), but this did not help either.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Robin Whitmore; Technical Writer
r -dot- whitmore -at- intershop -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=