Technical Writer I or II, Lowell, MA

Subject: Technical Writer I or II, Lowell, MA
From: "Benson, Tasha" <Tbenson -at- UNIFI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 14:41:06 -0400

I have an opening in my department that I'm hoping to fill by the end of
September. Currently, I have a group of 5 technical writers and one
technical editor. I report to the director of Quality Services/Quality
Assurance.

One of my writers was a summer intern. The conclusion of her internship has
created an opening for a full-time, permanent technical writer. If you are
interested in this position please send me your resume (e-mail or fax). My
contact information is at the bottom of this e-mail.

Technical Writer I or II (job posting #7645)
Company: UNIFI Communications, Inc.
Corporate Website: http://www.unifi.com
Location: USA - Lowell, MA

Position Summary:
Write and edit technical documentation for print and electronic media.
This individual will: Have work reviewed by manager; Develop an expertise or
expert knowledge of the UNIFI network (IDN) or a specific product;
Understand business issues; Contribute new ideas and processes to the
technical writing process; and Learn reviewing/editing techniques

Primary Responsibilities:
Create user-friendly documentation (hard copy and online); Follow the
standards in the writers' handbook; Organize material and complete writing
assignments, meeting deadlines and scope of projects; Use investigative
techniques including interviewing and observing members from other
departments. Also, review and study current documentation. Maintain
records and files of work; and attend relevant meetings with another member
of the documentation group.

Skills & Experience:
Technical writing certificate or bachelor's degree in technical writing,
business, or engineering, 2-4 years of related experience; Strong
interpersonal skills; Effective verbal and written communication skills;
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, RoboHELP, and HTML are preferred.

Contact:
Tasha Benson Phone: 978-551-7417
Technical Publications Mgr. Fax: 978-551-7988
UNIFI Communications, Inc.
900 Chelmsford Street
Lowell, MA 01450 <mailto:tbenson -at- unifi -dot- com>

"After all, when you come right down to it, how many people speak the same
language even when they speak the same language?" Russell Hoban

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=