Re: Consulting Sources

Subject: Re: Consulting Sources
From: howard <pencil -at- WAVENET -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:40:27 +0000

howard wrote:

> Christine Lienhart wrote:
> >
> > I have called a couple of local agencies,
>
> <g>
>
> > but they all want to know more

To moderate my somewhat extreme comments in the warm morning sun...

They have to ask questions from their perspective - according to their
requirements and company ethos - so they can pick the most suitable
candidates from their lists/employees or work out the most effective way
of going about meeting your requirements - particularly if your company
has never dealt with them before! However, depending on who you talk to
at the agency I agree it can feel like an exam or, worse, like they're
building a profile on your organisation.

Good agents - like good consultants, accountants and managers - tend to
be cost-effective in the long-run, and it's worth bearing in mind that
many writers and companies tend to find an agency they can work with and
stick with them.

I hope you'll be able to do this and your project runs smoothly.

howard

--
*theabovemessagedoesnotnecessaril
managAr parChonmorliez? SilateezntelizSane

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=