ECOs

Subject: ECOs
From: "Folena, Shannon" <SFolena -at- CKSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 08:22:52 -0700

Fellow Technical Writers:

I'm curious as to how many technical writers work with Engineering
Change Orders (ECOs).

I've been in the healthcare industry for the past four years and had
never heard of ECOs. Now, I'm in a new industry and am discovering the
wonderful world of ECOs. I'm in awe of all the time-consuming rules and
paperwork involved. For instance, when I revise a document, I have to
write down on the ECO what each sentence was before and what each
sentence now says -- "is" and "was" statements.

I'm wondering if ECOs are common place, or if I've been blissfully
naive.

Thanks,
Shannon

Shannon Folena,