Printing from PDF Files

Subject: Printing from PDF Files
From: Maurice King <benadam -at- CYBERDUDE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:26:18 -0400

I have a question regarding printing documents from PDF files. Please post the responses to me to:

Maurice -dot- King -at- per-se -dot- com

Our company is porting our documents to PDF files for distribution. The problem concerns the screen shots in the documents. When we insert the screen shots in the FrameMaker files, they look fine, and they print nicely from FrameMaker. When included in PDF files, the resolution suffers a bit, but they still look acceptable. However, when our customers get these PDF files, they will want to print segments of the manuals, and here lies the problem. The screen shots that print from the PDF files are of pathetically bad quality.

We have tried various image file formats and distillation without image file compression, but the results remain the same. In a previous job, I printed manuals that included screen shots from PDF files with no problem whatsoever, so I'm interested in knowing what solutions exist for our customers.

Again, please post me to the above e-mail address.

- Maury

Get free personalized email at http://geocities.iname.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=