What we REALLY do (Re: Technical Review Guidelines)

Subject: What we REALLY do (Re: Technical Review Guidelines)
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 16:20:48 EDT

phillipsw -at- LUCENT -dot- COM writes:

<< getting the desired information is not a passive activity. Nor is it a one
shot deal - it is an incremental mining of the source.
<Snip>
Within the world of reduced cycle times, and tight budgets, reviewing someone
else's work ALWAYS ends up a low priority task for the SME. Only by working
one-on-one will you be able to champion your cause. >>

In envisioning some vulnerable young TW stepping into all this, fresh and
wide-eyed with their degree, ready to focus on WRITING, I realized the best
insight one could give them is in this quote from a great acting teacher:

"What hinders your task IS your task."
Sanford Meisner

How much time is spent (in how MANY professions) coming to terms with this
fundamental truth?

Jim Chevallier
North Hollywood

New!! Pictures of Paris!! http://www.geocities.com/paris/1998