Re: Alerting existing users to changes in a new version of software

Subject: Re: Alerting existing users to changes in a new version of software
From: "Burns, Nancy" <nburns -at- BREAULT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 12:41:39 -0700

I like Smokey Lynne L. Bare's ideas of using attention-getting techniques.
Whenever my company plans to make a major product or support changes that
will affect the requirements for using our product, we notify our users by a
letter from one of our managers far enough in advance of the change so that
users can plan for it (for example, switch platforms, upgrade hardware). We
include a telephone number to the responsible sales manager in case they
have questions.

Nancy Burns
nburns -at- breault -dot- com