Re: Printer driver and PPD blues

Subject: Re: Printer driver and PPD blues
From: David Chisma <chisma -at- C031 -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 21:46:18 +1000

Hi David,

I can help you with the second part of your question. The following is
an excerpt from the Acrobat 3 readme file:

"Configuring Distiller Assistant for use the Adobe PS 4.1

... 5. Now you need to choose a PostScript Printer Description (PPD) to
use. You should locate and use the Acrobat Distiller PPD. This can be
found in several places: in the Drivers/Win95/AdobePS4 folder on the
Acrobat 3.0 CD-ROM or in the Acrobat3/Distillr/Xtras folder on your
system where you installed Acrobat 3.0. ..."

Cheers, Dave Chisma
Melbourne, Australia

David Rapport wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I'm experiencing some printer driver frustrations.
>
> I want to produce a postscript file from Word 7 using the IBM network
> printer 24 driver. Then I will send the file to be printed at a Kinkos
> in
> New York.
>
> There are a couple of problems here.
>
> 1. IBM Network Printer 24 Problem
> =================================
>
> I went to Kinkos' web site and from there to IBM and downloaded the
> IBM
> Network Printer 24 driver. When I installed the driver, all the fonts
> were
> messed up in Word -- they were very small while displayed on the
> screen,
> even though the font size was correct. Printing to ps and distilling
> to get
> a pdf also produced a very messy file.
>
> When de-selecting "Default printer" from the IBM driver in the
> Printers
> window, the display was fine. However, as soon as I printed to the
> driver,
> the display was messed up again.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 2. Adobe PS 4.1 PPD Problem
>
> Having no luck with the IBM driver, I downloaded the Adobe 4.1 ps
> driver
> and tried installing that. During the installation it asks you for the
> PPD.
> How on earth can I get the IBM Network Printer 24 PPD? I am clueless.
>
> Any and all help would be most welcome.
>
> TIA,
>
> David Rapport

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=