Re: HELP: Scuba-diving terms

Subject: Re: HELP: Scuba-diving terms
From: David Chisma <chisma -at- C031 -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 18:08:01 +1000

Hi Robert,

I'm a diver and did a stint as a journalist for some diving magazines
(Canada and Australia).

I suggest you use:

'wreck' for an accidental sinking
'artificial reef' for intentional sinking
'outer reef' for outer reef passage
'drift dive' for current canal
'parasailing' is OK
Bodu Huraa is probably linked by a 'causeway'.
Divers usually set off to scuba dive from a 'dock' or 'landing' (etc.)
and dive at a 'dive site'.
And these places where you go to dive are called 'dive destinations'.

You might want to check the Lonely Planet website for more information and to see how
other terms are used.

Cheers, Dave Chisma
chisma -at- c031 -dot- aone -dot- net -dot- au
Melbourne, Australia

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: Printer driver and PPD blues
Next by Author: What I can't do with Word... was "RE: Frame vs. Word Results"
Previous by Thread: Re: HELP: Scuba-diving terms
Next by Thread: Possible to buy FrameMaker in Toronto?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads