Re: Gender, Age and Dummies books

Subject: Re: Gender, Age and Dummies books
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- INTRINSYC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 08:13:27 -0700

I don't want to stir up a gender battle, but my observation of Dummies
books is that they are designed, written and marketed toward a largely
female readership, on the whole, with a secondary market being people
who are retraining and/or learning to use computers later in life.

Eric and Deborah: When you started writing your book, did the Dummies
management give you any statistics about their readership that might
shed some light on my (admitted) general observation?

Rowena Hart
Technical Writer
Intrinsyc Software, Inc.
Vancouver, B.C. Canada