Fall Meeting, ASI South Central Chapter

Subject: Fall Meeting, ASI South Central Chapter
From: "Michael C. Rossa" <rossa -at- FLASH -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 21:35:49 -0500

Hello everyone,

The South Central Chapter of the American Society of Indexers is pleased to announce our Fall meeting featuring a hands-on workshop by Frances Lennie of Indexing Research, developer of CINDEX indexing software. All interested persons are welcome. Details follow.

Mike Rossa, President-elect/Program Chair
rossa -at- flash -dot- net

DATE:

October 24, 1998

LOCATION:

Briscoe Library, University of Texas Health Science Center, Room 2A, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr., San Antonio, TX 78284.

SCHEDULE:

8:30 A.M. - 9:00 A.M.
Networking (Refreshments Included)

9:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
CINDEX Demonstration/Workshop--Frances Lennie,of
Indexing Research, will lead a hands-on workshop to
demonstrate the features of CINDEX indexing software
and the benefits of computer-assisted indexing.

12:00 P.M. - 1:00 P.M.
Catered Luncheon

1:00 P.M. - 2:00 P.M.
Questions/Comments on Morning Workshop

2:00 P.M. - 3:30 P.M.
Marketing Panel Discussion-Joanne Clendenen and Michael K. Smith. Everything we need to know about marketing from these two pros.

3:30 P.M. - 4:30 P.M.
South Central Chapter Business Meeting

About the workshop, Frances said:

"We will get acquainted with the general operation of CINDEX for Windows, and follow the progression of an index from start to finish. Special emphasis will be placed on data entry shortcuts, editing techniques (including pattern matching and logical [Boolean] operators), and the preparation of the finished file for your client. We will also explore working with multiple files open, and the issues to be considered when working with large files, revisions, and cumulations."

COST:

Before Oct. 19:
$40.00 (ASI member)
$45.00 (non-member)

After Oct. 19:
$50.00 (ASI member)
$55.00 (non-member)

Registration includes the demonstration/workshop and follow-up, marketing panel, and a catered lunch, plus morning and afternoon refreshments. Please make checks payable to "South Central Chapter of ASI" and return to:

Laura Rustin
9731 Greenwillow
Houston, TX 77096
(713) 728-4473

LODGING:

Several hotels are available in the Medical Center area. Here are a few recommendations:

Best Western Oak Hills, 7401 Wurzbach, (210) 614-9900

Courtyard by Marriott, 8585 Marriott Dr., (off Fredericksburg Rd. between Wurzbach and Medical Dr.),
(210) 614-7100

Hawthorn Suites Hotel, 4041 Bluemel (I-10 at Wurzbach), (210) 561-9660

Holiday Inn Express, I-10 at Wurzbach, (210) 561-9300

Omni Hotel, 9821 Colonnade (in the Colonnade; has a great Sunday brunch), (I-10 at Wurzbach), (210) 961-8888

Guesthouse Inn, 7500 Louis Pasteur, (right behind the Health Science Center; walk to the meeting),(210) 616-0030

GETTING THERE:

If you are flying, the airport is about 15-20 minutes from the Health Science Center and one-way taxi fare is about $15.00. If you are driving, go into the Health Science Center using the entrance off Floyd Curl (Methodist Hospital is across the street). Parking is free; use the lot directly in front of the Briscoe Library.

QUESTIONS:

For directions or more information please contact Mike Rossa via e-mail at rossa -at- flash -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=