Re: Gender, Age and Dummies books

Subject: Re: Gender, Age and Dummies books
From: JGREY <JGREY -at- MADE2MANAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 07:40:36 -0500

I used to work for IDG and I edited a few Dummies books during my
tenure. (PROCOMM Plus For Dummies; The Internet For Macs For Dummies;
Macs For Dummies, 3rd Edition). During my time there (1994-96), project
editors did not have demographic readership statistics to share with
authors. We worked from the vision for the series as developed by DOS
For Dummies author Dan Gookin and refined by a few key senior editors at
IDG, such as Diane Steele and Mary Bednarek, who both appear in the
credits page of every Dummies book.

Peace,
jim

jim grey \ Documentation Manager
Made2Manage Systems, Inc. \ jgrey -at- made2manage -dot- com